Monday, May 12, 2008

PTEL: All too quiet

Petel, Inc., recently announced ... well ... nothing at all for the past couple of months, which is unusual for a company that has a history of pumping out press releases every fortnight or so to remind stockholders that it's still trying to gain a foothold in the industry.

The company has been uncharacteristically silent while its stock price continues to plunge, and it's fallen below the threshold at which I usually bail out - but since I've already taken profits on this one, its downward spiral isn't costing me any real money.

If corporate insiders were loading up on shares, I'd suspect that there was something big in the works that they wanted to keep out of the public eye - but since there's no evidence of that, and I've no reason to suspect they're doing so covertly, my sense is that this isn't the calm before the storm, but merely the awkward silence of the righteously embarrassed.

No comments: