Monday, July 14, 2008

E-Trade (Again)

Company:E*Trade Financial Corporation
Web Site:http://www.etrade.com
Purchase Price:$2.46
Current Price:Click Here

E*Trade is one of the pioneers of online securities trading, who took a significant loss (five billion) in the subprime lending crisis, which sent its stock price plummeting from over $25/share to almost $2/share over the course of several months.

I played this stock earlier this year, and made a pretty good profit on it before it started to sink again and I cashed in my chips. Today, the company announced the sale of its Canadian subsidiary for almost half a billion dollars, which should go a long way to improving their debt ratio, and I expect that the shares will start moving up again, so I'm buying back in.

As before, I'll keep a close eye on things, but I expect to make another win.

No comments: