Friday, October 10, 2008

Weekly Summary

This past week was murderous to my portfolio - though given the performance of the entire market, I don't think I'm alone in this predicament:


Given the way things are going in the overall market, I'm going to have to deviate from my general strategy of dumping a position when it falls below 50% of its original value. Otherwise, I'd be dumping about half of my portfolio: DEXI, FEEC, RAD, IVAN, and FRE.

The wise guys are saying that this is the time to buy, as you'll make a killing when the market recovers. While that sounds like good advice, they've been saying the same thing for the past month, and anyone who's done so is sorely regretting it.

I'm going to wait for a full week of positive movement before I get any deeper into the markets, and I'll hold onto what I've got in hopes of recovering some of what I have already lost.

No comments: