Tuesday, January 1, 2008

In the Beginning ...

I'm starting this blog to track my penny stock investments. Though given my historical performance, it's more accurate to call it my penny stock "gambles." I've been investing in penny stocks for a long while (more than ten years), and have had a few spectacular successes, some dismal failures, and a lot of stocks that simply fade away slowly and painfully over time.

In general, I'm a fairly conservative investor, and keep most of my assets in mutual funds and big-board stocks, but I like to dabble in the small-caps - so what you see here isn't typical behavior, nor do I recommend it to anyone as a means of building wealth. I wouldn't advise risking any more money on penny stocks than you would at a craps table. In fact, your chances are probably better at craps.

Said another way ... don't try this at home, kids.

No comments: