Thursday, February 21, 2008

Bell Buckle Holdings (BLLB)

Here's one I probably missed the boat on: I've been watching Bell Buckle Holdings (BLLB) for a couple of months now. The company recently hired a few marketing firms to get their products into wider distribution, and have done a few press releases to announce their progress, which includes regional supermarket chains, a national discount chain, television shopping, and e-commerce. It was looking good, but I didn't think that it was looking good enough to buy into just yet, so I bought a different stock instead.

The price has nearly doubled since then, as the word has gotten out that they're gearing up for a move to the OTC board. I expect it will rise a bit more, then probably fall back down to its previous level (or lower) when the company takes a downturn, which is most often the case when a small firm with little capital invests too much in trying to boost its stock.

On the other hand, this could be one of the few that makes the grade. While I probably won't buy in (that window has passed), I'll keep an eye on it to see what happens. The stock closed today at .0017 - and I wonder where it will be next month?

No comments: