Monday, September 29, 2008

MIVA Dropped

This morning, I dumped my position in MIVA, which I bought into in February in hopes that they could either turn around the companies they'd consolidated or sell them off to bigger players, but neither has happened thus far and there's no sign that it ever will.

The result, a net loss of 52.4% ...



They've been flirting with disaster for a few months now, and have bounced below and back above my usual stop-loss of 50% for penny stocks - I finally decided to get off the dime, before the share-price fell to a dime - and divert the cash to better bets.

2 comments:

Mike said...

I believe this is where you should be loading up.
They turned down ab offer for $1.20 per share, maybe they should, or will reconsider.

Saint Roch said...

MIVA rejected that offer almost two months ago, when their stock was trading at $1.10 - so it wasn't a very generous offer at the time.

I imagine they'd jump at it today, as their stock has been in free-fall ever since, and closed at fifty cents a share today.