Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Reverse split boosts Revlon shares

Rvlon (REV) shares underwent a 10-for-1 reverse-split today, as they had announced some time ago. And then, something very strange happened: the shares gained value.

It's been my experience that a stock that consolidates shares in fear of being delisted (or in hopes of upgrading" to a better exchange) generally experiences a massive decrease in market capitalization on the very first day - and while I will always be skeptical, having been burned several times before, I'm very pleasantly surprised.

I've considered moving the shares to my big-board portfolio, as the company is no longer a "penny stock," but have decided against that: even though REV is not a penny stock now, it was when I bought it, so I'll keep the shares where they are until I decide to sell them.

No comments: